Productivity: GMail’s Canned Responses
Here’s a great little productivity tip that has made it much easier for me to manage everything from readers mail to administering my Patreon campaign.
Using GMail’s Canned Responses, I can save e-mails that I write repeatedly, such as
“Thank you for your Patreon pledge, here’s how to access your rewards…”
“Thanks for your feedback on my comic! I appreciate your taking the time to write.”
“The check’s in the mail!”
I’ve been using this one an awful lot for Patreon lately — to walk new members through how they can access certain rewards.
It works like this.
1. Sign in to GMail and click the gear icon at the upper right-hand corner.
2. Click on Settings, and then click Labs.
3. In the “Search for a lab” box, type “canned responses.”
4. You will see “Canned Responses” by Chad P.
5. Click: Enable, and then click Save Changes.
6. Now, when you go to Gmail to compose a new e-mail, you will have a Canned Responses option. Just go the the lower right-hand corner of the Compose window and click that down-facing arrow.
7. Type in an e-mail message you want to save. Go down to that arrow and then select “New canned response.” You can even title your canned response.
8. The next time you need to repeat that message to a new person, simply click “compose” and then select your canned response by title.