Con tool kit
In posting yesterday’s piece about the con-travel checklist, it occurred to me that, in the “How To Make Webcomics” book, we suggested keeping many of the items you use at a con in one container — a convention tool kit. Here’s an updated list.
- Tape (Duct, masking and Scotch)
- Safety pins
- Ruler or tape measure
- String or dental floss
- Drawing tools (incl. writing pens and Sharpie© markers)
- Facial tissue
- Breath freshener
- Hand sanitizer
- Emergency cash
- Aspirin / pain reliever / emergency meds
- Extra business cards
- CD of promo samples, logos, press kit etc.
- Non-perishable snack items
I suggest a sturdy, durable box — perhaps a fishing tackle box — to contain this. The benefit of the tackle box would be, obviously, that you could keep many of the smaller items organized.