It’s time to get started on (*choke*) the penultimate month of 2015.
If you are planning to offer new merchandise for the holiday-shopping season, get moving now.
- If you did plan ahead for holiday shopping, you’re going to want to start designing ads and other special promotional visuals. Retailers have already kick-started the holiday-shopping season, and you’re gonna have to do the same if you want to compete.
- If you didn’t plan for holiday merchandise, and if you don’t have any POD offerings, consider packaging some of your existing merchandise at a special, holiday price. For example, you could run a sale on a book or sell a group of books at a discount.
- Have you considered offering commissioned art this holiday season? Maybe one of your fans would like you to draw something special for him to give to someone. Maybe a loved-one of a fan would like to gift the fan with a commissioned piece. If you announce now, you should have plenty of time to do lots, and have ample time to ship them to your clients in time for gift-giving.
- You have about sixty days left in the year, if you haven’t started gathering receipts for taxes, set aside a day to — at least — throw everything into a shoebox.
- Build your buffer. Your family puts up with a lot, but they’re going to grumble if you have to excuse yourself from Cherished Family Time to crank out a comic. Besides, you’ve earned a little seasonal relaxation. Buffer-up now so you can hit the egg nog later.