August To-Do List
We’re well into the second half of the year, believe it or not. Now’s a great time to start planning the rest of your 2015.
- This is the time to plan your Christmas-season merchandise. I suggest offering something new in the $10-$20 price range during the holiday shopping season. But you have to get started now if you haven’t already. Christmas cards, for example, are cheap to produce and tend to be very good sellers. For more details, read last week’s post on the topic.
- Speaking of the holidays, if you’re thinking about offering a calendar, this is a good time to start work. Here are some thoughts.
- The bulk of the convention season is over, which means that convention promoters are prepping for their 2014 shows. Ship them one of your media kits to convince them what your bring to the table as a guest.
- Look at your bank account. If you have a significant profit, how are you planning to use it to grow your business? Promotion? Equipment? Merchandise? If not, where are you losing money? Convention costs? Poor ad rates? Low traffic? Start making plans now to finish the year strong.
- Don’t forget to set aside money to pay income taxes.
- Speaking of which, quarterly income taxes are due in September.
- Take a stroll through your site. Make a few notes of broken links, out-of-date images and other errors to fix in the coming month. Speaking of which…
- Next month is September. Colleges will be back in session. If you’d like to self-syndicate your comic to campus newspapers, the time to start preparing your pitch is now. Here are some thoughts.
on August 4, 2014
Posted In: To-Do List