October To-Do List
Remember! Webcomics.com is doing a special Halloween event — which will feature comics and illustrations from members! Wanna join the fun? Here’s the details!
- Halloween is at the end of the month. Traditionally, many webcartoonists do something special with this holiday — whether it’s a special storyline, participating in a cross-over event or posting photos of pumpkins carved with their characters. Here’s the details on one you definitely should consider!
- Today also means that you have about ninety days left in the year. And those last twenty-or-so always go by in a blur, so it’s more like seventy. If you haven’t thought about tax prep yet, please at least put all of your comics-related receipts into a box.
- If you want to have new merchandise ready for the holiday-shopping season, your options are getting limited. Move quickly.
- Comic-convention season is winding down for the year. Go back over your list and ask yourself what you did that worked and where you needed to improve. Now is the time to start ramping up your approach for 2017.
- Along those lines, make a list of the conventions you’d like to attend next year. Now contact the officials of each and inquire about attending as a guest. Tell them briefly why you’d make a good guest. Make your case politely and back it up with facts. The worst they can say is “no.”
- Plan a day to make one significant improvement to your Web site — maybe one that you’ve been putting off.
- Offering Christmas cards is a tremendous way to generate sales in November and early December. You can have them professionally printed by companies like OverNightPrints.com or PSprint.com — and most printers even include envelopes. Design a couple this month and have a couple hundred of each printed. Offer them in mid-November. Since they’re already printed, you can simply ship them as they’re ordered so your readers will have them in time for holiday card-sending.
on October 3, 2016
Posted In: To-Do List