September To-Do List
Today is the first day of September, and the kids are headed back to school. If you’re a parent, that probably means that the time you’re able to devote to comics just tripled. Let’s talk about using it wisely.
- Halloween is just a few weeks away, and it has been gaining in popularity for several years. So what? So they’re advertising. This is a good time to start blogging about the kinds of topics that will flag ad spiders to bring your site ads for costumes, decorations and candy.
- If you do affiliate advertising, this would be a great time to start featuring halloween costumes.
- Traditionally, many webcartoonists do something special with this holiday — whether it’s a special storyline, participating in a cross-over event or posting photos of pumpkins carved with their characters. Start brainstorming now.
- The clock is ticking if you want to have new merchandise ready for the holiday shopping season. If you’re planning Christmas cards or 2017 calendars, get a move on!
- Inventory check: Do you have enough merchandise to make it through the end of the year?
- Do you have a character bible? Set aside some time to work on one. You can use Google sites.
- Look at your site. What could you do to get more of your content visible “above the fold” — without the reader having to scroll down?
on September 2, 2016
Posted In: To-Do List