Comic Con checklist
With a little less than six weeks to go before Comic Con International, it’s time to get into gear. Here’s a quick checklist. Feel free to add to it.
- Flying? Go to your airline’s Web site and read the Airline baggage rules. Find a bathroom scale to weigh bags so you don’t get any surprise surcharges for “heavy” luggage.
- Call the hotel and double-check your reservation.
- Print out a convention checklist and have it ready for when you pack.
- Here’s something to listen to while you travel
- Last chance for ordering merchandise, flyers or giveaways.
- Ship your books for Comic Con. If you do it this week, you should be safe with Media Mail. Just remember to spring for Delivery Confirmation.
- Start saving ones and fives for your cash box.
- Do you have something on your table to fit every budget — cheap, mid-range and expensive?
Booth / Table
- Prepare your Convention toolkit.
- Table prep: Double check banners, signage, book stands, etc.
- Start discussions with tablemates about responsibilities, priorities and goals (both self and group).
- Arranging a group get together? This would be a great time to make a reservation.
- Announce your Comic Con appearance in the next couple weeks. Include a floor map that highlights your location. Promote your merch.
- On your blog, ask attendees if you can bring anything specific (a particular piece of original art, for example) to the convention for them to purchase.
- Make last-minute additions to media kit.
- Shoe check. Got some comfy ones? You’re gonna need ’em.
- Download the Comic Con iPhone app
on June 16, 2010
Posted In: Conventions