ComicLab 111 — Submitting work to the Eisners
What’s the best process for submitting your work to the Eisner Award committee? Dave and Brad get some great advice from Jackie Estrada, who has been in charge of the awards since 1990.
But first, Brad’s sons ask how they got their names… and the answers are revealing.
Questions asked and topics covered…
- Eisner Award advice
- Intermittent updates
- An “About” page for your cast
- Applying the “webcomics business model” to other types of media
- Do you have to respond to every comment?
- Is RSS really dead?
- Paying for Instagram advertising
- Thanks for the kind words
You get great rewards when you support ComicLab on Patreon
- $2 — Early access to episodes
- $5 — Submit a question for possible use on the show AND get the exclusive ProTips podcast
- $10 — Record an audio question for possible use on the show AND get the exclusive ProTips podcast
- $50 — Sponsor the show! We’ll read a brief promo for your comic/product and read it twice during the show AND you get the exclusive ProTips podcast
Listen to ComicLab on…
ComicLab is hosted on Simplecast, helping podcasters since 2013. with industry-leading publishing, distribution, and sharing tools.