ComicLab Ep 152 — What does it mean to be a “cartoonist” in today’s world
This week, a ComicLab listener writes in to inform Dave and Brad that neither of them “actually have a cartoonist’s job.” To put it lightly, the guys disagree.
But first, Brad creates a socially distant candy chute for Halloween.
Questions asked and topics covered…
- Dave delivers a Zoom lecture to art students
- What does it take to be considered a “cartoonist” in today’s world?
- Should the drawing match the writing?
- A Clip Studio Paint boot camp in the ComicLab Discord sever
- “I hate Kickstarter extras!”
- Grad school or comics?
- “I think I quit my day job too soon.”