ComicLab — Ep. 17: Handling negative comments and clingy fans
Dave and Brad field some tough questions about the best ways to handle negative comments and clingy fans. They also discuss using Instagram stories for comics promotion and strategies for writing longform comics
But first, following up on last week’s fascination with the “B.C.” comic strip, Brad tells Dave about how the Flintstones used to do in-show smoking commercials?
- 3:24 — “The Flintstones” did smoking commercials
- 6:19 — Brad gets a bicycle, and that touches off some memories
- 13:39 — Audio Question: What about Instagram Stories for promoting comics?
- 22:15 — Building a webcomics career is a little like building “drip sandcastles.”
- 26:47 — Handling negative comments
- 41:37 — Strategies for writing longform comics
- 45:42— Writing yourself into a corner. On purpose.
- 56:47 — How to deal with clingy fans