ComicLab Ep 39 — Generating Buzz on Twitter
Webcomics warriors Dave Kellett and Brad Guigar are talking shop! They discuss why you should be encouraging people to follow your Kickstarter campaign — and how it translates into big money in the last 72 hours of your marketing push. THEN, a thoughtful Patreon backer asks how they can support the web cartoonist in their life. NEXT, a backer asks for strategies for building buzz on Twitter (short of a flame war). ALSO, the guys give advice on knowing which parts of your webcomics business you should outsource. And FINALLY, a patron asks why there has been so little innovation in webcomics.
BUT FIRST, Dave Kellett was his high school’s prom king, and Brad wants every. last. detail.
- 00:00 — Dave Kellett: Prom King
- 05:58 — Roll the timpani for the DriveKickstarter.com update!
- 10:36 — Brad Guigar: Prom Loser
- 13:36 — Following a Kickstarter campaign
- 20:30 — How can you support the web cartoonist in your life?
- 28:22 — Best strategies for building buzz on Twitter
- 35:55 — How do you guys make the decision on what to ‘contract out’?
- 50:00 — Why has there been so little innovation in webcomics?
$2 — support the show
$5 — submit a question for possible use on the show AND get the exclusive ProTips podcast
$10 — record an audio question for possible use on the show AND get the exclusive ProTips podcast
$50 — Sponsor the show! We’ll read a brief promo for your comic/product and read it twice during the show AND you get the exclusive ProTips podcast