ComicLab Ep 48: PatreCon, the Patreon Conference
Cartoonists Dave Kellett and Brad Guigar are talking shop! Brad flew out to Los Angeles to attend PatreCon with his podcastin’ pal Dave. Today, they talk about what they thought of the conference in general, what they learned, and most importantly how their approach to Patreon is going to change in the immediate future. BUT FIRST… Brad took delivery of the print run of his new book, and everything went wrong.
- 00:00 — Brad took delivery of his new book, and everything went wrong
- 12:48 — Flying Spirit Airlines
- 19:53 — PatreCon… first impressions
- 24:10 — PatreCon… good food!
- 28:38 — SimpleCast has ComicLab considering changing podcast hosts
- 29:55 — Eyeing the Reddit/Patreon integration
- 30:44 — The ComicLab Discord server is bustling with activity
- 31:49 — Backerkit is pushing physical rewards… hard. Good luck with that.
- 34:43 — PatreCon’s Main Stage… inspirational vs pragmatic
- 41:03 — Brad’s major complaint… too many people on stage with no skin in the game
- 45:08 — Dave’s note-taking is pretty amazing
- 48:14 — The biggest A-ha! moments of the conference
- 54:16 — Re-connecting with old friends
- 55:40 — The Patreon 3-Month Itch is a concept you NEED to be aware of
- 58:27 — Three ways to expand your Patreon
- 59:20 — Dave’s to-do list… THIRTY actionable items from PatreCon