ComicLab Ep 49: Under the blanket with Brad
Cartoonists Dave Kellett and Brad Guigar are talking shop! Redbubble has killed off its support for print-on-demand calendars. Should you be doing the same? ALSO, how to prepare for a portfolio review. THEN, building a digital press kit and approaching comics-media outlets. FINALLY, when a cartoonist has 1.1 million Instagram followers and only about 400 Patreon backers, is something amiss?
BUT FIRST, Brad builds a podcasting fort with a heavy blanket to combat the echo in his studio… and it works!
- 00:00 — “Let’s go to Upright Citizen’s Brigade!”
- 04:04 — Brad’s recording under a blanket
- 08:35 — Dave’s healthy lifestyle
- 10:33 — Redbubble kills print-on-demand calendars. Should you?
- 15:50 — Producing 25 different desktop wallpapers / mobile backgrounds quickly
- 18:29 — InDesign Calendar Wizard
- 20:00 — Portfolio reviews
- 29:25 — Press releases and comic-media outlets
- 32:17 — How to make a digital press kit
- 45:19 — A cartoonist who has 1.1 million Instagram followers… but only 387 Patreon backers! What went wrong??
- 01:00:00 — Use the tags on ComicLab’s Patreon page to find information quickly