ComicLab Ep 59 — The danger of “at all costs” success
Dave Kellett and Brad Guigar are talking comics! In this episode, the guys talk about the cartoonist from history that they would have most appreciated a chance to be tutored by. Then, Dave delivers an update on how Backerkit has been working out for him. After that, Dave points out that Brad keeps saying “Time is a continuum,” but… what does that actually MEAN? Next, Brad references a recent social-media post by Joe Rogan that glorifies success — at all costs. Brad and Dave talk about how dangerous — and counterproductive — that kind of attitude is. And finally, Dave has some financial advice for cartoonists” Plan for a recession NOW.
BUT FIRST… Ikea is offering inspirational e-mails, and Dave wants to know what’s in those messages.
- 00:00 — Inspirational Ikea
- 07:17 — 20-volume Oxford English Dictionary
- 12:25 — Which cartoonist would you love to have had as a tutor?
- 24:54 — Backerkit
- 31:50 — Stretch break!
- 32:40 — What does “Time is a continuum” mean?
- 40:45 — The danger of “at all costs” success
- 52:04 — Prepare NOW for a recession