ComicLab Ep 90: Ensure killed my pappy
This episode of ComicLab is sponsored by Wacom! In this week’s show, the ComicLab guys discuss how converting to a digital workflow on Cintiqs improved their time management. Also, how do you balance storytelling tension in a longform comic? Next, the guys talk best practices in newsletters. Later, should you hire a proofreader? Dave Kellett shares an update on his ongoing Kickstarter, and finally, what are the must-have features for a book project?
BUT FIRST… Ensure killed my pappy!
- How do you balance storytelling tension in a longform comic?
- What best practices would you recommend for a webcomic newsletter? (Frequency, what to include, how to get sign-ups, etc.)
- As self-publishers, do you hire proofreaders before sending out books for print?
- For printing a book, what extras are “must haves”, “strongly should consider”, “nice to have”, and “pass”.
You get great rewards when you support ComicLab
- $2 — Early access to episodes
- $5 — Submit a question for possible use on the show AND get the exclusive ProTips podcast
- $10 — Record an audio question for possible use on the show AND get the exclusive ProTips podcast
- $50 — Sponsor the show! We’ll read a brief promo for your comic/product and read it twice during the show AND you get the exclusive ProTips podcast