ComicLab: How to get more Patreon pledges
Webcomic veterans Dave Kellett and Brad Guigar tackle another collection of questions about the care and feeding of cartoonists. FIRST, Danielle Corsetto’s GWS collection leads to a discussion of “complete” collections and hardcover books in general. NEXT, Creation vs Learning — which is more important? THEN, it’s the perennial question – How do I get more Patreon backers? FOURTH, should experienced webcartoonists be more open to offering critiques when asked? And FINALLY, Dave challenges Brad to write a 10-year plan!
BUT FIRST: Dave discusses a parent’s cunnundrum — the perplexing economics of LEGOs!
- 00:00 — The economics of LEGOs
- 06:25 — Brad is still dealing with phishing phallout
- 09:00 — Danielle Corsetto’s GWS collection leads to a discussion of “complete” collections and hardcover books in general
- 15:26 — Creating vs Learning… which is more important?
- 24:27 — How to get more Patreon backers
- 37:33 — Should we offer critiques?
- 56:10 — Challenge: Create a 1-, 5- and/or 10-year plan