Super Patreon Endowment Fund
Patreon CEO Jack Conte has announced an independent million-dollar endowment to fund Super Patron. It funds a single $50,000-per-year grant for artists. Creators should submit an application using whatever medium they prefer, as long as the experience lasts no more than three minutes. The deadline is Nov. 22, so get crackin’.
The applications will be evaluated by a panel of judges that includes comedians Hannibal Buress and Grace Helbig, cartoonist Danielle Corsetto, YouTube star Molly Burke, and True Crime Obsessed podcast hosts Patrick Hinds and Gillian Pensavalle. Whoever wins will get a monthly stipend throughout 2020. From the site:
- There are no instructions.
- This is not a traditional application.
- There are no multiple choice questions, no downloadable PDFs, no boxes to check, no processes, or any other bureaucratic crap.
- There’s only one rule: it must take us no longer than three minutes to review your application. Whether it’s a video, a song, a podcast, a piece of writing, or something else, it’s gotta be consumable in three minutes or less. Not a second longer… not a second.
- Submissions are due by 11:59pm PST on Nov 21st.
- The selected creator of the grant will be announced on December 19, 7:00am PST / 10:00am EST.