August To-Do List
- This is the time to plan your Christmas-season merchandise. I suggest offering something new in the $10-$20 price range during the holiday shopping season. But you have to get started now if you haven’t already. Christmas cards, for example, are cheap to produce and tend to be very good sellers.
- Speaking of the holidays, if you’re thinking about offering a calendar, this is a good time to start work. Here are some thoughts.
- The bulk of the convention season is over, which means that convention promoters are prepping for their 2020 shows. Ship them one of your media kits to convince them what your bring to the table as a guest.
- Look at your bank account. If you have a significant profit, how are you planning to use it to grow your business? Promotion? Equipment? Merchandise? If not, where are you losing money? Convention costs? Poor ad rates? Low traffic? Start making plans now to finish the year strong.
- Don’t forget to set aside money to pay income taxes.Speaking of which, quarterly income taxes are due in September.
- Take a stroll through your site. Make a few notes of broken links, out-of-date images and other errors to fix in the coming month.
on August 2, 2021
Posted In: To-Do List