ComicLab Ep 51: Why You Should Start Planning a Patreon Special Offer Right Now
Webcomics pros Dave Kellett and Brad Guigar discuss the Patreon Special Offer — and why comics artists should be using it — RIGHT NOW. Plus… running concurrent campaigns on Kickstarter and Indiegogo. Is it a little skeevy, or super skeevy? And then, the burning question for the ages… What’s it like being the most handsome host of ComicLab?
BUT FIRST, Brad finally wins the artificial-Christmas-tree argument at his house. And he’s miserable about it.
- 00:00 — Brad’s artificial Christmas tree woes
- 8:00 — The Patreon Special Offer… what it is, how to do it, and WHY you should be doing it NOW
- 45:10 — What’s it like being the most handsome host of ComicLab?
- 50:07 — Running concurrent campaigns on Kickstarter and IndieGoGo
- 01:05:00 — What’s your stance on offering cameos of people or their original characters as higher tier Kickstarter or one-time Patreon rewards?
- 01:13:10: — Brad has a new microphone, thanks to ComicLab’s Patreon backers